Sunday, October 4, 2009

BOOK STORES ARE GEARING UP!

So this past weekend I attended Saint AuGHOSTine 2009. It was an interesting event...definitely not what I expected, but I met some interesting people like Murray Silver and Stacy the Ghost Cop. :-P We checked out the Saint Francis Inn, the Lighthouse and had a few seminars and guest speakings.

However, needless to say, it was more important that I went about and promoted my book at some of the local Saint George Street book shops. I had my eyes set specifically on three: Ghost Augustine, the Tavern shop, and Ghostly Experience, all of which are evenly seperated across the length of the walk.

Well, Ghostly Experience was hooked from the get go, and Ghost Augustine and the Tavern shop seemed eager to carry it as well for the upcoming soft opening. I managed to get a few others interested and I'm hoping that Barnes and Noble will carry a couple copies.

I of course will be pitching my book to some mainstream publishers, but I thought in the spirit of Halloween I'd give the tourists a taste of "Flagler's Few". I have a neat guerrilla advertising idea for the book as well...but need to discuss that with Saint Augustine's city affairs department.

The book will hopefully be available via Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com as well. Wish me luck!

No comments: